Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Short Timing in San Diego, CA



“The woman was a dream I had, though rather hard to keep.”
-  Bouncin’ Round the Room by Trey Anastasio



The California humming birds are way more docile than the ones in the Midwest
Back in San Diego the decision has been made – this will not be my home. 

I have just committed to a three week sublease.  That will be the longest stretch of my head hitting the same pillow since last summer.  After those three weeks I’ll press on.  Right now I’m hedging toward Nevada City.  But anything is possible. 

It’s a real bummer things didn’t work here.  I will be leaving behind seals that play under me when I swim, humming birds that fly around when I do yoga, and one of by best friends who hugs me when I visit her.  It's not a bad life. 

These little guys are so curious and friendly I swear they'd eat right out of your hand.

Well, they would if you hand happened to be a bright colored flower.







No comments:

Post a Comment