Monday, February 18, 2013

Another Memorable Bed in Dalhousie, Sri Lanka


JANUARY 3, 2012

Best drive ever.  45 minutes of wind in my face in the tuk tuk, surrounded by massive tea plantations.
That's about $300 of single estate ceylon tea laying in the ditch.
It took four days of sitting around and sleeping 12 or more hours each night before I was healthy enough to leave my guest house.  The locals were so sweet in taking care of me.  The first was my tuk tuk driver who took me to his family doctor.  I got and exam and antibiotics for 100 Sri Lankan Rupees, or about $0.78 USD.  

 Then, the whole staff at my guest house in Dalhousie was looking out for me.  Most people show up in the afternoon, hike at midnight (I’ll explain later why it’s a night hike), then leave after breakfast.  I’ve been loitering for 3 days.  And since I’m not nocturnal like the other guests, I hang all day with the staff getting work done on my computer.  My appetite has disappeared and they keep trying to force food on me.  Its all very sweet.  

And as for my new accommodations.  Well.....


Should have kept my mouth shut in the previous blog post.  Yesterday's bed is looking better and better all the time.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment