Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Riding Hwy 1 near Big Sur, CA

NOVEMBER 21, 2012

I have forgotten how much I love California.  After years of rejection letters or, worse, genuinely terrible job offers from companies from Marin to Monterrey, I have actually talked myself into believing that the California coast is anything but magical.  






 
After camping near Big Sur, I saddled up for a ride down the coast before breakfast.  Have you ever walked down a shoreline and stirred up a bird that lands ten feet further down only to be stirred up as you walk on and land another ten feet down, and on and on?  I did that with a humming bird as I road down Highway 1 today.






Prudhoe Bay to Ensenada in 2014.  Who's with me?
Along my route were loads of touring cyclists, making me wish I could abandon the Subaru and head make the run straight down to Mexico with them on two wheels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment