Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Stuck in Herceg Novi, Montenegro


October 10, 2012

To say that working fifteen years in sales and customer service was a complete waste my real talents and passion is a bit harsh.  Thanks to those years on the job, I can honestly say that its not hard to get most people to open up to me and it takes no more than sixty seconds of dialog to find common ground with complete strangers.  Today, that came in handy when I found myself stranded in Herceg Novi, Montenegro an hour up the coast and still a short but complicated 50 kilometers from Dubrovnik, Croatia. 

His name escapes me.  What I do recall is that it took inside a minute to find out the he and I were both bike commuters, marathon runners and fans of Pink Floyd.  And ten minutes later that local was leading to the center of Herceg Novi and on to the beach across the bay from famous Kotor for more the spectacular mountain-meets-sea views I’ve come to love along the Adriatic coast of Montenegro.



And I did finally get to Dubrovnik that night!


1 comment:

  1. That looks like a perfect spot for an open water swim, if not for Nessie...

    ReplyDelete