Monday, January 7, 2013

Welcome to Monaco! Or Pristina, Kosovo. Whatever.

-->

SEPTEMBER 30, 2012

“This isn’t Russia. Is this Russian?”

- Ty Webb, Caddyshack

This was the alert on my phone as I crossed yet another border. 
 
Monaco?  Kinda rhymes with Kosovo I suppose.  

<Editors note:  As I update this blog three months later it is worth noting that I am still fighting over $1,000 in erroneous charges from Verizon>









As further proof of what a small world it really is, the first face I saw upon entering the hostle was Chris, the Aussie disaster photographer I met back in Skopje.  That night was pretty chill as we by chance were staying in Prishtina a block away from the Kosovo International film festival. 







Eating my way through eastern Europe was a bit different than back home.  The restaurants are all meat all the time.  But the markets were loaded with cheap fresh fruit and nuts.

Directions to the hostel from the bus station:  Take Bill Clinton Blvd until you see the Bill Clinton billboard then turn left at the Bill Clinton statue.  



 This was the map on the wall at the hostel.  See how much they like their government over there?  Look closer.
 This was in front of a family restaurant. 
 And, finally, the monument constructed after their war for independence from Serbia.

No comments:

Post a Comment